IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Ads on this site are GUARANTEED VIRUS FREE, your computer will not get a Virus from our ads.

Author Topic: Wiring a large case CS-144, How to wire the Delco-Remy CS-144 series alternator  (Read 5497 times)

Alternatorman

• View Profile
From an email:
In your excellent article on wiring up the SI alternators you mentioned you would cover the CS series later.  Did I miss it or have you not had time to write it yet?  I have a large case CS-144 I am using on a 1950 Chevy Cab over setting on a Cadillac Eldorado front wheel drive.  I used an after factory wiring harness and a battery isolator.  I need some guidance on how to wire it.  I'm not a novice at wiring, but my alternator only have the battery post marked.  If you have time to write the article that would be great, if not could you at least guide me in the right direction.

Thanks for your most informative web site,at www.alternatorparts.com

Les W
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 12:52:57 PM by drew »

Ask the Rebuilder

Alternatorman

• View Profile
My response:
The CS-130 & CS-144 share the same voltage regulator so the connection is the same. On the web site www.alternatorparts.com you can find wiring instructions for the CS-130 at #6 on the front page which is alternator repair instructions. Click on this, then click on the repair instructions for the CS-130. The first couple pages talk about what the 4 pin connector does and the last page has a wiring diagram. You will need a resistor to activate the alternator with the "L" terminal. The resistance value is talked about on page 6 of the cs-130 instructions.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 12:53:15 PM by drew »