IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Ads on this site are GUARANTEED VIRUS FREE, your computer will not get a Virus from our ads.

Author Topic: cs130 starts and stops  (Read 497 times)

larlok

• View Profile
cs130 starts and stops
« on: October 29, 2016, 11:58:00 PM »
G'day,

So I've got the 350 with a CS130 and I've been pulling my hair out chasing this charging issue, started about two weeks ago, first start of the day I'm getting a good 14.3V at the battery as she heats up it drops to around 13.7, then after 10 min at idle no charge at all, but a while later all is good again.

The alternator is about 2 months old and I have an LED charge lamp with about a 500Ohm resistor in series, i have a 82Ohm 5W resistor in parallel going to the 'L' terminal on the reg and i have ignition voltage going to 'F/I' terminal, I have replaced the B+ with 2AWG cable straight to the battery and same for the earth strap, the battery is new the terminals are new and i have new power distribution bars.

I have thermo fans and two audio amps both go to the battery, with there own fuses.

When it stoped charging i checked both the 'L' and 'F/I' and i still have power there, there is little to no resistance in the battery and earth cable. It doesn't seem to coincide with and electrical loading like when the thermo fans start.

Although I don't have a means to test overall electrical load.

I'm thinking if its the reg or the rectifier it wouldn't come good after a while, but i have notice that the alternator is ridiculously hot to touch and it seems to stop charging while the fans are blowing hot air on the alternator so im leaning towards heat related issue but because I'm in Australia I cant just get a new one.

I've done a fair bit of research and I'm under the impression that the regs have a thermal shutdown protection could this be getting tripped?

Any help or guidence would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Joe

Ask the Rebuilder

cs130 starts and stops
« on: October 29, 2016, 11:58:00 PM »

Richardbuh

• View Profile
    • ??????? ?????
cs130 starts and stops
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 07:54:12 AM »
I will connect it with a computer and see, hoped you guys would know...

The ignition is there, but it lasts for 1-2 seconds and then shuts down...

Start stop function? Thats a terrible idea for a car xD